W.I.Ps


Doing some more texturing on grunt and still fixing some minor issues as I go.

Share on Facebook

Started texturing Grunt today.  Just laying down colors, and I’ve still got to fix some bake errors and figure out what kind of sack material I want for his face and arms.  Rendered in Marmoset as always.

Share on Facebook

2000 tris.  Time to unwrap and bake!

Share on Facebook

All the base stuff is done and ready to go at this point.  Armor details are most likely going to be added via overlays, so I’m not going to model that in.  Did a test sculpt to see how much detail I want in the head.  Going to try and get into the low poly and baking this weekend so I can finish everything up next week.

Share on Facebook

Blocking stuff out, nailing proportions and doing some hard surface stuff.  Hoping I can get the highpoly completely done this week so I can lowpoly and texture next week.  Good times!  I’ll post the back once it’s a bit more refined.

Share on Facebook

Time to move onto the 3d blockout.  Not sure if I’m keeping the mouth this shape or going with a standard sackboy mouth.  We’ll see.

Share on Facebook

Taking a break from my komodo character to concept for a game artisans sackboy mini-comp.  I’m going with Grunt from Mass Effect 2.  WIP!

Share on Facebook

Some guys over on polycount and I are having a friendly competition to create characters within the theme “Post apocalyptic animal-human hybrid”.  I finally started concepting and I’m liking the idea of a komodo dragon hybrid.  The bear sucks, but it was good to get into the groove of sculpting.  I did a couple of quick sculpts using sculptris and then did a quick paintover of the komodo version to better define forms and try out colors.

Next thing I’ll do is do a full body concept and refine the head a bit more before modeling.  Shooting to have the concept completed this week.

Share on Facebook

Well, I’m in the middle of baking all the high poly details down to my final game asset.  Just normals + basic colors right now.  Marmoset is a damn nice tool for presentation purposes.

Still got quite a bit to do.  If I can get all the baking done by tomorrow night, that’ll give me all weekend to spend time on textures so I should be able to finish on time! 🙂

Share on Facebook

Here’s an update on where I’m at with the high poly version.  There’s still some fixes that need to go in, and a few details that need finishing up, but I should be done soon and on to the low poly+textures.  The comicon deadline was extended 9 days, so I’m pretty sure I can finish it on time.  🙂

Share on Facebook

« Previous PageNext Page »