We had a good team meeting today for unearthly challenge.  An idea was ironed out, and we’re going to concept some stuff for thursday night before having another meeting and coming up with a plan.  At that point we’ll have a little over 5 weeks(plus the inevitable extension) to finish everything, so we’ll see what happens.  I’m pretty excited about doing environment work for a change, and I’ll definitely be posting WIPs here for the heck of it. 

With that in mind, this was a WIP(work in progress) from my comicon challenge entry that I didn’t finish.  I didn’t end up pushing the character enough to one side, and I’m not entirely happy with it.  I probably should have gone either more realistic and re-designed his clothes to be less costume-ish, or gone full on stylized and tried to match the comic version a little better.  I do feel like I improved my digital sculpting abilities a decent bit with this project, and so I consider it a successful one even if it wasn’t finished and up to my standards.  I’m considering finishing him, but I may just move on to the next character… I’ve got some ideas I want to explore.

This is a viewport grab from max, btw.  The hair is a mess, and I probably can’t fix that without taking him into an engine to fix the alpha sorting.  The staff texture needs a ton of work.

Share on Facebook