Looking to finish the hi-poly this weekend.  Here’s his mechanical duck buddy that will deploy out of his belt buckle.  It will emit light to help support dancing!

Then we have the hi-poly.  Still got a few things left to refine and finish, but it should be done soon, and then on to low poly and textures!  I’ve got lots of ideas on how I want to animate the lights and holographic bits on him, but not sure when I will get around to that.  Will give me a good chance to get deeper into unreal’s materials.

Share on Facebook

Back on this thing, finishing up the hi-poly.  Then on to baking and texturing, yay.

Share on Facebook

Got busy with some life stuff such as job searching and art tests, but back to working on this for the brawl comp.  I think I’ll move onto sculpting his head/body and clothes to try to push myself forward.  Don’t want to get bogged down on the hard surface stuff right now.

Share on Facebook
Started a new character this week for the polycount BRAWL competition.  The theme is to choose an existing fighting game character and re-invent them however we see fit.  I chose Duck King from the Fatal Fury series and am going futuristic with him.
Here’s the concept I’m working from:
Here’s the rough blockout to get my shapes and proportions down:
And here’s a quick paintover of a rough head sculpt to make sure I’m heading in the right direction:
Share on Facebook

Here’s this week’s workshop assignment.  I was actually supposed to have the thumbnails and rough done for last week’s class, but due to a crap week it didn’t get done.  That means I had to get that stuff+the final coloring done for this week, and I had an art test to finish at the beginning of the week.  So, it’s been a rush to get it done. 

The theme was to re-design a wizard of oz character.  I chose Glinda, as I thought this would be a good challenge for me.

Share on Facebook

Here are my final submissions for the gameartisans.org sackboy mini-competition.  They’re not due ’til monday at midnight, but I’m calling them done.  I’ll wait to submit to give myself some fresh eyes tomorrow just to make sure nothing needs fixing.

For anyone that doesn’t know what this comp. was about, the idea was to make a custom sackboy dressed up as some other character.  Sackboys are the main characters in one of my favorites, little big planet, and a large part of the game’s appeal is customizing your character with costumes.  I chose to dress the sackboy as Grunt, which is a character from another one of my favorite games, Mass Effect 2.

My layouts are styled after the official mass effect 2 wallpapers that were released to promote the game.  I felt like this was fitting and worked well with the fabric material overlays.

Share on Facebook

Another one that was quite different from the last.  Very interesting to analyze a film that is color graded heavily with blue/green.

1 hr

Share on Facebook

One of my favorite shots ever?  This one was a challenge to capture the subtle color changes, and I screwed some of the proportions pretty badly.  Oh well!  I feel like I still captured the mood pretty well, which is the point.

1 hr

Share on Facebook

This was definitely the most difficult so far regarding subject matter, but I felt comfortable doing it due to the earler studies I did.  It was interesting looking at an area that looks blue, and finding it wasn’t really the color I thought it would be.

1 hr

Share on Facebook

This one was fun as it was quite different from the last.  Was interesting to see where the colors fell within the saturation range, and how the dark nature of the image affected how light the lights were.

45 minutes

Share on Facebook

« Previous PageNext Page »